Last updated: 20th February 2019
CP-02 (Depot Civil & Buildings)
Contract package CP-02 is for the Civil & Building works of the Depot. The contract for this package was awarded to Italian-Thai Development Public Company Limited & Sino-hydro Corporation Limited JV. The signing ceremony for this Contract Package was held on May 3rd, 2017 at the Pan Pacific Sonargaon Hotel in Dhaka. Mr. Mofazzel Hossain, Managing Director of Dhaka Mass Transit Company Ltd, and the authorized representative of Italian-Thai Development Public Company Limited & Sino-hydro Corporation Limited JV signed the contract on behalf of their respective companies. Road Transport and Bridges Minister Mr. Obaidul Quader, MP attended the ceremony as the chief guest.
Package progress in chronological order;
- Prequalification documents for CP-02 (Civil and Building works in Depot) was completed on December 3rd, 2015.
- The notice of CP-02 PQ application was published on August 30th, 2015 and the last date of PQ submission was December 3rd, 2015.
- Fifteen (15) PQ applications were sold. Out of 15, only 4 PQ applications were submitted.
- The JICA's concurrence on PQ Evaluation report was received on March 2nd, 2016.
- PQ evaluation report was approved by the Board of Directors on March 16th, 2016.
- JICA conferred several observations on Bid Document on 18 May, 2016. In conformity with such observations, the Bid Document was amended and it was sent to JICA for its concurrence. JICA conferred its concurrence on 30-05- 2016.
- Bidding for CP-02 was invited on 31-05-2016. 3 (Three) Bid proposals were received on October 18th, 2016.
- The TEC evaluation report was approved in the Board Meeting on December 28th, 2016 and in the meeting it was also decided to open and to evaluate the financial proposal.
- DMRTDP sought JICA's concurrence on TEC's financial proposals on January 30th, 2017.
- JICA conferred its concurrence on the financial evaluation report on February 13th, 2017.
- In compliance with the approval of the Board of DMTCL the Pre-contract Negotiation was completed on March 19th, 2017.
- The Minutes of Pre-contract Negotiation was sent to JICA seeking its concurrence on March 22nd, 2017.
- JICA conferred its concurrence on March 27th, 2017.
- The contract document was sent to the concerned Ministry seeking Vetting of NBR and Legislative and Parliamentary Affairs Division on March 22nd, 2017.
- The contract was awarded to Italian-Thai Development Public Company Limited & Sino-hydro Corporation Limited JV. The signing ceremony for this Contract Package was held on May 3rd, 2017 at the Pan Pacific Sonargaon Hotel in Dhaka.
- The contractor commenced work on September 14, 2017.
- The time for implementation of the Contract Package is set between September, 2017 to September, 2021.
- The works at the Depot will be constructed as follows:
1. Stabling yard 2. Central Store for maintenance and overhaul materials 3. Space for overhaul and train maintenance 4. Main workshop 5. Operation control center 6. Train inspection 7. Generator and Electrical Building 8. Train wash station 9. Manual Train washing 10. Multi-storied Building for DMTC Head office 11. Green Space.
Mr. Obaidul Quader, MP
Ministry of Road Transport and Bridges
A B M Amin Ullah Nuri
Road Transport and Highway Division